Tuesday, January 6, 2009

They are gone

Melissa and Dave and their four children moved to Hemet last week. This is bitter sweet move for us. We want them to move on but want the kids here. We really enjoyed them being here.
Due to Dave's job and our need for someone to take care of our home, while we fill a mission in Chile. They moved in 6-8 months before we left. What a blessing they were to us to take care of all our money, yard and home while we were gone. They did wonderful. So some plants died they can be replaced and give us something to do now we are home and miss them.
Dave is remodeling them a new home in Hemet. It wasn't finished when we got home. So they stayed longer. We didn't mind at all. Their new home is beautiful. Go and see them when they get things unpacked.
Our house is quiet. No Phoenix yelling and growling.
the floors are clean. No crumbs under Lily's chair. No toys all over. No school work that needs to be returned tomorrow. No dirt from just out side. Boring
No waiting for the school bus to take Willow or bring her back home.
No more macaroni and cheese for lunch. no more pancakes in animal shapes. What will we eat.
The TV channel changer, stays on the arm of the couch. No more hiding it from Grandpa so he can't change it from Sponge Bob to what he wants to watch. Grandma did have them convince the the food channel was okay.
No more, Gamma can I play on your computer. I oves you gamma. No sidekicks to run to the store with me. I miss them. Who can I buy snacks for just to see if they are good.
Who's going to hold Lily all day and spoil her. Grandpa can any longer and mom doesn't have.
time.
We miss them. I could go on and on the little things I miss. Good luck in your new home, ward and school.
Grandma Taylor

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ah, I feel bad. Good thing they're not cross country like the rest of your grandkids, so you can still see them lots. I'm glad you had such great quality time with them while they were there to make memories.

Brenda said...

Such a sweet post! I do not look forward to the day when my gandbabies don't live close by, I am just trying to "eat them up" while they live just down the street!

scubamom said...

Yes I know only too well of your feelings of kids moving on. But yes it is the best thing for all. And now you get a be a true granny and just have fun! My four guys will be here pretty soon while mom and dad go into the OC for lunch...hooray I get to play!