Friday, September 10, 2010

The Sewing Room

I have taken over the downstairs living room and turn it into my sewing room.
Since it is a sewing room. I decided to decorate it with things that are handmade.
First is this tie dye and wax picture from Kenya, Africa. My sister brought it home from Kenya for me. I don't know what it is called. a closer up Just look at the work that was put into it. The fifth bird from the left they forgot to put the black over the orange. Little mistakes like that just make it more special to me. Machines don't make mistakes.
From Chile

Peru. All the little figures are hand made and sewn on to the background. tons of handwork.


One of my bobbin lace pieces.


Come and visit me and you can see the rest of the stuff.




2 comments:

Brenda said...

Excellent idea, taking over the unused downstairs living room - that's what I did and I have a fabulous sewing studio now! Love your art - great idea!

Taylor Swim said...

So fun for you to have your own space.