Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Humming Birds

 We have tons of humming birds this summer.  They are just like flys, flying around  our patio.  They are use to us, that they will fly within inches of us.  
I have counted as many as 13 drinking at once, and that is not counting the ones fly around waiting for an emepty spot to drink from.   They are slupping up  over 1 1/2 cups of sugar every day.  I just went to Sam's club today and bought  25 pounds more of sugar.
 This little guy was guarding one feeder just for himself.  He was getting fat, not enough exerise. We called him fluff ball.
 After a couple of weeks he just gave up the guarding.  Too many others .


I love them.  .  I have them trained they will drink what ever color of sugar water I make. There for a while they didn't want red go figure.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

That's great, apparently your grandchildren didn't make too much of a dent in the population at your house - haha!