Sunday, March 31, 2013

Birthday Quilts

 
I started last year, making all my little grand daughters a quilt, when they turned 12.  I use the value colors from the Young Women's program. 
Here is Zoey's Quilt.  She turns 12 in April.  I love the twister. So easy and still looks hard.  I wish you could see the quilting it is beautiful, no I didn't do it myself..

 This one is for Willow's. She turns 12 in July. Not bad since I didn't have a pattern and just figured it out by my self. I had seen a picture and liked it. It is easy too.  So off to the quilter  on Monday.  I hope they both like them.  I have had fun doing them.
 I have want to make a star block for a long time. There is something about a star that I love.  Well here is my first star block and I made it all by my self.  I joined block of the month club, at our local Quilt Shop.  Where I love to spend my money I now have a 5 years supply of fabric.  Now I can learn how to make several different blocks.  This is my first block.  I can pick up block number 2 today.  At the end of the year I should have a whole quilt made
As you can tell I have fun just sewing and sewing.  I wish you lived closer (Christina or Brenda Sommers) and I would  bring my sewing machine and come over and sew with you. 

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oooh! Love the YW quilts! I love that flower pattern too, I have made several quilts in that pattern, but I was not clever enough to figure it out myself, I had to buy a pattern. I am currently in two block of the month programs, fun, fun! It would be great if I lived closer, always looking for sewing buddies!