Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shopping

Dad unloading the Lider's shopping cart into our cart. We use our cart when we need to buy stuff that is too heavy to carry 7 blocks home. Like milk, sugar, flour, potatoes and etc.
Dad pulling the cart. I have the bread and eggs. I don't want my bread smashed or my eggs broken.
This is how you buy your spices, baking powder, and many other things. Only in small amounts, too. The Or'egano is in a large package. They use lots of it in their cooking.

Many of the other things are bought in bags or boxes. You can buy a few things in cans. But cans are heavy to carry. I like bags better. Milk comes in boxes or bags. At first I didn't like the bags. But now I do. Look!! I can get mayo out of a bag and I don't have it all over my hand and knife. I have gotten so I really like the bags.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS OUT THERE.
They celebrate Mother's Day here in Chile, too. The primary children sang in sacrament meeting, too. The talks were all on Mother's too. Flowers were for sale everywhere for mothers.

4 comments:

Taylor Swim said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! It looks like you guys have your system down!

The Snow Queen said...

Great post mom! I love to see pictures of you and Dad and my beloved Chile! I missed you so much on Mothers Day. I got a candy bar from the Ward. Dave and THe kids picked out a cute necklace for me. It is a litte pea pod with 4 little pearls in it. I love it!

catherine said...

I love the pictures also. The market looks kind of fun to shop at. I only have 7 more days of school. It looks like greg and I are going to have to buy a new computer.

Dan and Kathi, or Mimi and Papa said...

Dennis and Margene or should I say Elder and Sister Taylor. I Love checking out you Blog. It's so fun to see almost 1st hand places like Chile. I also Love that you go to our Blog and leave comments about our Mutual Grandchildren. Aren't they some of the best!!