Sunday, February 15, 2009

BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN

We were in Mexico the last two weeks. I was going to take pictures of the neat birds on the beach. But they kept flying away just as I would get almost close enough to take a good pictures. So you will have to settle for something else.
The tide drops between 20-30 feet on low tide in San Felipe. It has one of biggest drops of tide in the world. When it goes out you have to walk almost a mile to get to the water edge. We had real good tides this time. So I spent half of the time walking on the bottom of the ocean. Checking out the tide pools. I did a lot this time. I saw great sea creatures and no camera.
This picture is taken from the floor of the ocean looking back at shore.
seaweed. I saw lots of this
Sand dollars. The wind had been blowing so there were lots on the beach just waiting to be picked up.

Sponges all colors


Jellyfish


The tide pools are amazing you never know what you will find. The only shells I take needs to be empty or no one living in them.





1 comment:

Brenda said...

Fun times! Looks like you guys are enjoying retirement. I do remember those jellyfish!