Sunday, August 23, 2009

Aquarium of the Pacific

We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific a couple of weekends ago with John and Sueann Hathaway. It was lots of fun with the most amazing fish displays. We saw baby sharks just hatching. I loved the tanks of beautiful jelly fish. Lots of fish that live in the water right there by our cabin in Mexico. VERY INTERESTING. Very people friend. Not a lot of walking either.

One of the best displays was the Lorifaet forest. Of course we bought some nector and tried to feed very full birds. Finally Dad and John gave their nector away to some young kids who were thrilled.
My camera doesn't take pictures very good through the glass tanks.
But here are a couple that did turned out. No, these are not sea horses. This one is a Weed Dragon. They have gotten the weed dragon to reproduce in the aquarium.


This one is a Leave Dragon. He is what makes the aquarium famous. He hasn't reproduced yet so they need to get new ones ever so often from New Zealand I think it was.

We had a ball and then went out to eat at Chang's right there next to the aquarium. I was so hungry and the food was wonderful. I was too hungry to even take a picture of the food. I just wanted to dive in and eat. We ate the everything and then Sueann and I even had dessert. It was a wonderful Saturday afternoon.



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow, those are some amazing animals! I'm so glad that you guys still do fun stuff together, it makes life so much better - and it's way cheaper when you don't have to pay for all those kids!!!!