Saturday, September 12, 2009

DOLL CLOTHES

This week I have been taken back 60 plus years. I have been making doll clothes, for Jake.
I think I must of been born with a needle or etc in my hands. As long as I can remember I wanted to sew and make things, asking who ever I could, how to do this or that. Finding things around the house that I could use. I wasn't very good, at first, but I got better. If I wasn't sewing I was doing some type of hand work. I was self taught and then I figured out how to read patterns. I still love doing all of them, but lace making is my present favorite.
The bad part is I am making clothes for Jake. Poor little guy will have to wear them, too.
He wasn't very helpful when I wanted to fit it either. My dolls never wiggled all over the place when I fit their clothes.
So I just made it and hoped it would fit. Looks like it fits okay.
Now isn't that a cute little shirt. He looks so handsome and spoiled in it. Why isn't he more excited?
The Halloween costume is still being made.

This is what he thought of it . How can I get this thing off . hummmmm it will make a nice chew toy.





4 comments:

Brenda said...

Ha Ha Ha - so cute!

The Snow Queen said...

If I had told you twenty years ago that you would be making a tiny little lap dog clothes you never would have believed it!

Taylor Swim said...

It looks like someone is in love. He is a cutie little puppy. B is always trying to get me to dress Rusty but I tell her it's too much torcher for the poor thing. The only thing that he'll leave on is a coat when it's negative 20 degrees here. Good luck!

Stefanie Elyse said...

Margene you are so crafty! I have lots to learn from you!