Saturday, April 24, 2010

this and that

Our friends, the Nunez family, from Chile left yesterday. The house seems quiet without them. Jakey misses them too. We took them to the Getty Center on Thursday. We loved it. I want to go back and see the rest of it. When I was a little girl and saw general authority come and go after visiting our little stake in Utah. I always wanted to have someone important stay at my home or even eat dinner with us. It never happened they always stay at our stake president's home or else where. His daughter never thought it was anything special and was I ever jealous of her. I just wanted to talk to one and feel the spirit they brought.. They were my heros. I never ever even got to talk to one. As I grew up I knew it would never happen.
Well it has happened.
Brother Nunez was made an area seventy. He stayed at our home for 10 days. I even got to cook meals for a seventy. Guess what!!!! the Nunez family was just like the rest of us.
After all these years, a dream has come true, (an general authority stayed in my home and ate dinner with ME.)

Saturaday we drove to Hemet to watch Willow play softball. She did great.
Both times she got up to bat, she hit the ball and made it to first. She even caught the ball when it came to her in the field. Way to go Willow.

In two weeks we get to make another trip to Hemet to watch Phoenix and Poppy play soccer.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Go Margene! Living your dreams! Cute little baseball player you've got there too!