Thursday, November 21, 2013

Back again

My computer has been down for almost two months.; It has been up and then down for almost;four months. The geeks at best buy hid when they see me coming. But they were always nice to me and helped me anyways.; I think they have it fixed now. I hope so/
How did we live without computers and all these little things likes iphone, smart phone, notebooks, kindle ,x box, DS, kitchen gadgets, microwaves, just to name a few.. I was thinking back when I was little and what we had compared to my grandkids have today.
We didn't have running water in the house until I was five.
No telephone either. I was almost 15 when we got a telephone and then it was a party line. Party lines are fun, listening to everyone on your line. No car on week days. At age 14 I learned to drive the jeep. Then my brother and I could haul water to the sheep ONLY. I couldn't see over the steering wheel either, so I looked through it.
No TV either. There was only 3 channels.

Life was so much simpler then. We still had lots of fun we played out doors more. In the evening after supper we played Run Sheepy Run instead of watching TV. We created our own games. Played cards and board games.
We went to Library on Wednesday night to check out books instead of down loading them on our kindle.

Glad I am back.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Yay, you're up and running again! My computer died too, but we got a new one, that hopefully will do better. It is funny to talk about how different "the old days" were than now! My kids can't believe we didn't have a microwave or had to wait for movies to come onto tv, no DVDs, etc.