Sunday, April 20, 2008

Employement Center Republica (Hmna Taylor)

One of my jobs is to type in names to form a data base of all the members that we find jobs for each month. I also am charge of the cash box. All of the voluntaries get money for their bus or metro trip to and from the center and $1000 mil for lunch. They are willing to voluntary but can afford the bus ticket to and from the center. I give out this money. We have had some of the most wonderful people voluntary in our center. We have learned to love all Chileans.
Since I am the only one in the upstairs office. I decided that I could be my own boss.
Sister Keen and I fix lunch for all of us in the office daily (3 missionaries 2 voluntaries, and a boss). Do you see a stove, no, because there isn't one, but we do have a microwave oven. So we cook a lot of it at home, the night before and carry it to the office and warm it at lunch time. There is no hot water either. Chilean don't use hot water to wash dishes. Sister Keen and I heat water in the microwave, to at least rinse them in. I love my kitchen at home and miss it.
This is the computer lab that I run part of the time. Resume are written for me to print. Sometimes resume need to be emailed to companies and etc. I can do this, now. The computer is also used to look for jobs. We have a list of job web sites. There are two telephones to be used to call about jobs. Sometimes I will have as many 12-15 people in their at once.
Melissa and Dave don't laugh when I say I run the computer lab. I CAN with the Lord's help. Besides I can answer any question with , SI, NO SE, or Marcela. You would be real proud of me.
One of the main things I need to do is watch that our mouses, key boards, staplers, sissors and etc., don't walk off in someone bag. We keep nothing on the desk.

2 comments:

Taylor Swim said...

Wow! It's good to see where and what you guys are doing everyday. Everything looks so nice. We are so proud of you and the work that you are doing. Thanks for the update!

Dan and Kathi, or Mimi and Papa said...

Margene and Dennis, you guys are really BUSY. I'm sure you are some of the best missionaries in Chile.