Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Sunset of our Mission

As we enter the sunset of our mission.
We finish up with both sadness and happiness.
We are sad to leave Chile and the many senior missionaries behind.
Many of our Chilean friends will be greatly missed.
I have no desire to say Goodby to them.
Chances are we may never see them again and come back to Chile.
How will we get around without the metro and BIP.
The employment Center and special spirit we felt there.
The small miracles we experinced daily.
The chilean food.
Feria.
We are excited to return home and hold Lily and Logan for the first time.
Watch our little grandchildren grow up.
Wash dishes in warm water
American food.
Warm houses.
Cars.


Santiago, Chile the beloved city we live in and will now leave behind.

The beautiful flower, plants, trees we have found here in Chile

In just a few weeks we will start the next phase of our lives. As the moon or sun comes up and we start a new day with the desire to do better. I am excited to think of all the new things we can will do. The places we will go. I am looking forward to these things

5 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

That was really sweet. I really mean that. I'm not being snarky, or witty either. I know how you feel. I love Chile too.

Taylor Swim said...

I feel for you but selfishly enough, we are glad to see you come home. We are looking forward to reuniting again in California. See you soon!

Julie said...

You've made many wonderful memories, and I'm glad you had the opportunity to go. I'm sure you'll be missed terribly.

Cherie said...

What a great work you have done and you have been a great example to your children and grandchildren and also your friends you have left behind. I know if you can leave your grandchildren and children for a few years, so can I. We are looking forward to seeing you. Cherie

Violet said...

I know what you are feeling about leaving Chile!!!! I still think about my mission to Chile every single day (No Lie) and it has been 5 years since I have been home.

I can't wait to see you again and hear all of your great stories.