Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BIRTHDAY CAKE

Melissa had a birthday, last Saturday. If you want to know how old she is, just count the candles. That should be easy they are all in rows. Since Poppy had the chicken poxes. She and Lily was home with me while all the rest of the Snows went to the company party with their dad. We decided to make mom a birthday cake (brownie) and buy mint and chip ice cream her favorite. Then we could have a birthday party, when she got home.
Poppy made the cake(brownie) all by herself, except putting it into the oven and taking it out. I did try to pick out all the egg shells. She decorated it just like she wanted to, too. There is yellow sprinkles , both voliet and white sugar on the chocalate frosting. Some white stuff in a tube she made a design instead of writing happy birthday. It was much prettier than this picture.
But the best part is after we had it mixed and put it in the pans. I told her she could lick the bowl. Then I looked at her and she had her head in the bowl licking it. Grandma, you said that licking the bowl is the most important part. So I just let her lick it and washed her face after she was finished. What could Grandma say after that. Too bad I didn't get a picture of licking the bowl, too.
Then we made decoration, too. Melissa was suprised and the brownie were real good too.

4 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

I think it's the prettiest cake I have ever seen. And there are 28 candles on the cake, no need to count then on your own.

Brenda said...

That is a great grandma story!!! When I was the mom, I was too uptight to let the kids "have at it" with cooking, now it is getting fun! You're a good grandma, Margene!

Dan and Kathi, or Mimi and Papa said...

I'm sure the Birthday Brownie was wonderful. I would have loved seeing Poppy lick the bowl. Next time grab your camera.

Brenda said...

Margene, your blog is so decorative! Good for you, I'm stuck in the basics over my way.