Monday, October 20, 2008

The Snow children had a festival last Friday night. It was changed from Thursday night to Friday so grandma and grandpa could attend. A famous artist was there selling painting. I bought 2. They were only 25 cents each.
Poppy was selling cups of water with no ice and yogurt, that I had bought that afternoon, for 25 cent each. I had one of both. It is lucky the board of health wasn't there she would have been shut down.
Poppy also sold sea shells from the Sea of Cortez, I wonder who found them. I got 4 they will be added to my collection and they were only 25 cents each.
Phoenix took me for a tour of the taylor gardens and sold me a rose and other flowers. 25 cents for the tour and 25 cents for a flower.

I was entertained with songs. The ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Puff the Magic Dragon. And a parade of bikers. I only had to pay 30 cents for each of theses.

Do you think I was taken advanage of?? I don't have any more change in my wallet. They were excited to count their money and they had no overhead. It was worth it in the long run.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great festival, my favorite is the water cups being filled from the hose! Classic. It's good you're a grandma with lots of spare change - I do think you got your money's worth for sure.

Taylor Swim said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Next you'll have to take them to the store to spend their new money.

The Snow Queen said...

I think you got "hosed" mom. Literally. I bought some yogurt and some "art", but I draw the line at water with chunks from the hose floating in it.