Monday, May 25, 2009

Death in the Taylor household

I got up a few weeks ago and found everything in the refrigerator little warm. The refrigerator had died. Being about ten years old we decided that we should go and buy a new one.

After a couple of hours removing the food that was still good downstair into other refrigerator. Throwing away half of the food in both refrigerators. The stuff in the freezer was still frozen so I just put into the freezer in the garage. Of couse everything needed to be rearranged. Taking out the trash several times. What fun, I was tired after going up and down the steps all morning long. Why do people build houses with steps. Never again.

Then off to the store to see what they have and the prices. I picked out a couple . No, we hadn't measured the hole. So back home, find the tape measurer and measure the hole. Then back to the store and measure the new refrigerator. Yes, it will fit but just barely. So we bought it. Wow the price has really went up since we last time we bought one. Oh well, it is only money.

The old one and the new one wouldn't be delivered for a week. We could manage.
Every time I went to make a meal. I tried to remember everything I needed, so I would only have to make one trip down the steps. I always had to make two or three trips up and down just to make a sandwich. (Senior moments.) When all your food is down stairs who wants to go down the steps just for something, you really don't need anyway. Good for diets.

I love my new refrigerator. I love the freezer on the bottom and the two doors on the top. Notice it just fits into the hole. Dennis says the milk is nice and cold all the time. Phoenix could still find the ice cream. So we are all happy.


2 comments:

Brenda said...

New fridges are fab! I love mine, it's designed just like yours. It's great, even though the baby boy swings on that bottom freezer handle like the monkey bars!

Julie said...

Sounds like a good week for eating out rather than all those trips downstairs.