Tuesday, May 5, 2009

END OF SPRING IN CALIFORNIA

Summer is almost here in California.
Our hills are now light brown, no more pretty green hills or wild flowers.
My roses are in bloom.
The tomatoes are planted.
I need to get out and weed my catcui garden, been putting it off. ??????
The humming birds are fighting, all day long in my back yard over who gets to drink from what feeder (i have 3 feeders).
The butterflies are doing their thing.
The birds are busy building nests and chirping.
Our desert tortoise (turtle) came out yesterday, they hibernate all winter long.
We had a reunion with some of our missionaries friends, we made in Chile during our mission. We met at our house before heading out.
We went to Carlsbad, California and visited the ranunculus fields. They were beautiful. About 50 acres of just different colors of the ranunculus. They are raised for cut flowers, tourist and their bubls.
Then we returned to our house and played cards. It was so much fun to visit with them and catch up on the news.
These flowers reminded me of easter eggs.

See once in a while i am be in the picture too.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I love flowers! I am just getting ready to plant some around here. We wait until Mother's Day weekend to plant tomatoes, but I am excited for them too.

catherine said...

Ranunculus are my favorite flower in the whole world. I am so jealous that you got to go see the fields of flowers. Maybe when I come down one y ear for spring break you will have to take me.

Taylor Swim said...

Wow! Those flowers are amazing! I'm glad you had a chance to visit with your friends.

Cherie said...

I was just catching up on your blog. I went down the whole page and saw the pictures from your trip. We need to get together soon and catch up. Loved the pictures.