Saturday, May 15, 2010

EPHIPHYLIUM

I think Ephiphylium is the right name and I hope it is spelled right, too.
They are a type of catcus. This year we have pink and salmon flowers blooming. We have had about 10 flowers just two plants. They come in yellow, bright pink, red, white and etc.
Aren't they, one of the prettiest flower you have ever seen?



I love the danity color of these last two pictures. Compare the flower size with my hand





They are easy to grow. I just have them in pots on my patio. Nothing special. If you want a start, just let me know and I will give you one.





2 comments:

Adele Austin said...

WOW, Margene! Those are incredible! You say it is easy but I suspect you have a special cactus thumb. They just seem to do great for YOU!
Was so fun to see the pictures with the Nunez family. I didn't know they had stayed such a long time. You must have loved taking them to see things that would be so new to them.
And thanks for sharing the pictures of Logan and St. Louis. Did you happen to call LeSue's?? Vegas is already starting to turn brown. I finally got in the pool today to exercise but it is still really cold water. Air temperature doesn't translate to warm water for another month yet!

Brenda said...

Beautiful! I don't think they would grow here in Utah, but thanks for posting the pics!