Sunday, July 3, 2011

Little Lexi's baby' quilt





I am getting better at making quilts, Breckyn's was the first one and it was real easy. I made lots of mistake. This is number 8, Phoenix and Lily didn't get one.


This one is the Princess and Pea Quilt. What little girl isn't a princess at sometime in her life. Notice that there is a pea at the bottom of the all the mattresses. The back of the quilt is pink with little dots.
Too many scraps left over, A bib.


A pair of shoes


A dress and hat. Where is the hat?? Not made yet.


I went to Joanne;s to buy a pattern for a basic dress to make. They were $15. No way!!!! Then one of my friends suggest looking on the Internet for a free one. This what, I found. I found a hat pattern there too.

I had so much fun making them. I think most of the usable scraps are used.


So on to another project and a new color. I have my eyes of a blue print, with green and white.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Margene, you are AMAZING! I love your princess and the pea quilt and using up all the scraps - so cute!

The Snow Queen said...

Mom this is definitely the cutest of the quilts so far. Little Lexi will love it. Now you should figure out a way to make a Rapunzel quilt Lily can brush that won't loose all its hair! Or better yet you can make me a black and white quilt. I really want one. Or you could make all the girls one for Christmas... or my birthday... or Dave's birthday he really wants a black and white one too!

Taylor Swim said...

That is so pretty. You did a great job. Lexi is going to look so cute in that.