Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A SAD STORY

Last night was empty nesters at our house. It wasn't put in the sunday newsletter but it was in the relief society one. No big deal. So I cleaned the house and mopped the floor again after dinner (we even ate early, too). I bought and got all the stuff ready for sundaes (lots of stuff to put on top the way I love them). I went to target and got one more set of dominoes, borrow a set from Sueann. We could have three tables of 4 to 6 people. It would a game night and we could play Mexican Train or Chicken Feet. Melissa and Dave took two kids and went to look for furniture. We had Lily and Willow. The easiest ones. I could put Lily to bed at 7:30 when it was time to start. Willow was going to watch a movie downstairs. Everthing was all set.
7:30 came and only one couple showed up. No body else came. So there was only four of us. We played Mexican Train anyway. Then we made our sundaes. I have all this sundae stuff left over. Where are all the rest of the good mormons. Prop 8 is over. We have been having between 15 and 20 show up.
How is that for a sad story. Any one want to come to my house for sundaes today. I already have all the makings.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I hate that when you go to a lot of trouble and it is poorly attended. We had a ward group dinner at our house and people were assigned food to bring, they agreed, and then, when the night came, most of them didn't show up! They "forgot" or "had a headache", etc. I was crushed! Dinner was funky, cuz we were missing some key items! I wish I lived closer, I would come for sundaes!

Julie said...

We love Sundaes. We're on our way