Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BOBBIN LACE

I guess some of the bloggers don't really know what bobbin lace is.

It is becoming a lost art. I have only found a few old lady are doing it. I found a guild in San Bernardo. We meet at the San Bernardo museum every Wed afternoon from 1 to 4. P\As part of the living history display. We use bobbin, little sticks of wood about the size of a small pencil and weave lace on a big pillow. My pillow doesn't have one on it right now or I would have taken a picture of it.

So another day I will take a picture of it and show you how it is made.

One of the first pieces I made.

Sorry, this one is a little blurry.
I love lace making. I have only been doing it for about 8 years and still have lots to learn to be as good as either Lolly or Shirley. It is my wish to be as good as they are someday.



3 comments:

Brenda said...

Margene - those are stunning! I'm glad you too found some "old lady" friends to hang out with and do fun stuff with! (WE couldn't possibly be 'old ladies'!)

Margene said...

Oh no, I am not old. And I am not the oldest in the group either. I am not the youngest either. But we have fun talkilng. I am suprized I much I forgot while I was on my mission. But it is coming back to me.

Julie said...

Those are so beautiful. Years ago you gave me a little lace bookmark you made while we were in San Felipe, and I still have it and use it.