Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving in Mexico

Our cabin in Mexico. We haven't been here for two years because of our mission.
The sand was deep inside, but everything else was okay. It is hard to kill the catcui we have planted on the outside. But all the plants were alive without being wated for two years.

It was great to going back and keep up the tradition of Thanksgiving in Mexico . Just sorry I didn't have any of my family with me. But John, Sueann, Scott and Scott's friend Stephanie were there. So the six of us partied.

Here are the reasons, why I love going there. 1. I love getting up every morning and watching the sun come up.

2. We always eat good, there. Fish tacos at Maria's. Shrimp, clams, homemade cookies, steak, and etc.
But the turkey that John cooks is my favorite. I had waited two years for this turkey and it was as good as it has always been. Sueann and I had made the rest of the food and our dinner was wonderful. So we had a wonderful Thanksgiving just missed out family members that couldn't be there with us.

3. Going for walks on the beach. Playing in the tide pools. Picking up shells. Digging clams. Watching the birds fly by.
More shell pictures to follow on another blog



4. Going for rides in the Barney or the quads. Both started and are running.


5. Reading and just resting. Everyone was in bed and asleep by 9:00. I was reading the fourth Twinkle book and just about finished it
6. Lights. Our solar panels were still working.
.
7. Warm weather. It's winter, but it was still hot.





4 comments:

Scott said...

Great post. Thank you so much for letting us come and share Thanksgiving with you guys. We had a lot of fun, and it was as beautiful as ever. Make sure you and Dennis keep working on your yoga.

Margene said...

Your mom is going to call and get us all set up.

Stefanie Elyse said...

Margene! That was a fantastic post. I am so grateful that I got to join in all the fun last week! Mexico was absolutely beautiful!!! And just to let you know, my shells made it home safely :)

Brenda said...

What fun memories we have of San Felipe! I loved the picture of your cabin - we have never seen it! I just remember when we all went in and bought you a toilet for it! I'll bet you guys missed it a lot, I'm glad you got to go back - and John and Sueann are lots of fun (and so is Scottie the Hottie - that's what Amanda calls him)