Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Finished Projects

In our stake several of the ladies (5-7) meet every Tuesday at the church. Only from 9-12 am. We make quilts, sew, finish projects, etc. Everyone is really good to help any one with out putting them down. They are so sweet.
I started to go, because I wanted to learn how to make quilts. I have learned lots and still have lots more to learn. I mainly work on my quilt at the church. After 3-4 months, I have finish my first quilt. I even quilted it myself on my sewing machine. On Wed I meet with the Cross Stitchers in Redlands to make lace. This is the piece I finished this past week. It is bobbin lace, schneeberger lace.
On the Nov 7, I am going to LACE DAYS put on by Freeway Lace Guild. It should be fun, just being around lots of old ladies who have the same passion for making lace. No, we are not crazy wanting to make our own lace in stead of buying it.


3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow - you are so talented! I love your quilt, good for you to quilt it yourself on your sewing machine!

scubamom said...

You are so creative! I love seeing your projects! You chose the perfect color for your quilt....I love purple!

The Snow Queen said...

This is a beautiful quilt... but I must say it is even prettier when you see it in real-life.