Monday, October 19, 2009

POMEGRANATE JELLY

I made some pomegranate jelly this week.
This bush is in our back yard and it was loaded with fruit. We were lucky and got most of the fruit before the birds did. This is the hardest step. You have to take out the seed/berry by hand for the best juice. Pomegranates stain bad. So your hands are dark blue when you finish. We did a whole bag full for a quart and half of juice.
Aren't these berries pretty. They are good salads too. I love the taste, tart but still sweet.

Crushing the the berries.



The finished product, batch number one. I made two.
yummmmmmm!!!
Some of the little jars will be nice Chistmas gifts.

Now we have ours years supply of jelly.
If you want the recipe let me know, I found mine off the internet.





4 comments:

scubamom said...

I hope John doesn't check out your blog! He is always asking me to make pomagranite jelly! I did once in 1996 We had a tree in our yard at the house we were renting. Any chance you have enough pomagranits to share? If so let me knoe but don't tell John as I might just surprise him.

Brenda said...

oooh, so yummy! Stacy's family is from Mesquite Nevada and they have lots of delicious pomegranate recipes - jellies, salads, etc.

The Snow Queen said...

looks delicious. If one of those jars is mine can I repossess it (while it's still full of course)?

Margene said...

yes, lissy i think one is yours. I give it back to you