Thursday, October 15, 2009

FRIENDS FROM CHILE, the Snow's

Last week we had the Snows spend a few days with us. Carol and Howard Snow. They were missionary friends from Chile. They were the PEF missionaries. We spent many hours with them in Chile, as we worked with the PEF students, too.Then every Sat morning we went with them to the ferie, dinner Friday night, and cards on the weekend,and etc.. Howard can make the best ribs I have ever tasted. We learned to love them and hated to leave them behind and come home. Corona, Redlands Temple, Anza, and Tom's Farms. Of course I left my camera home most of the time.
Then on Sunday we met one of my old college roommates. Anita Oliver, her husband, Gedge and their daughter. I hadn't seen her for 40 some years. No, I didn't reconized her. I had a sign and told them we would be in a white ford truck. They were arriving here from a 14 day curise and had about 8 hours waist until their flight left from the long beach airport. So we picked them up from the boat in the morning and showed them LA sights and delivered them to the Long Beach Airport that afternoon. Of course I never took my camera to take their pictures It was fun to catch up on families. How our lives have changed as we took different paths to the same place.

3 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

Friends made in Chile are friends that will last forever. Believe me I know!

Brenda said...

Friends are fabulous!

Adele Austin said...

Wish I could have been there. We got to host the Browns overnite and go to the temple. Played cards and ate and caught up. Didn't we meet some of the greatest people in Chile????