Friday, June 19, 2009

COLORADO in JUNE

Last week we went to Colorado to visit Catherine and Greg. They took us up in the mountains near their home. Greg wanted to see if these passes were open. They are not paved roads either, just roads that only 4-wheel drive can make (then I wondered if a 4-wheel drives could make it). Greg assured me that I wouldn't have to get out and push . I trusted him. I didn't have to push either, but we went over big big rocks, up hill that were straight up and rock and you noame it..

Greg is an amazing driver. So nothing is too hard for him. If you say Greg we are too close to the edge or etc. He moves over three inches closer to the edge. If you go on a ride with him make sure you go to the bathroom first or you may wet your pants. I just closed my eyes.

The first day we wanted to go over Black Bear pass (12,000 feet) to Teliride.. He knew this pass wasn't open. But wanted to see how far we could get up.
Daisy on one of the snow banks beside the road. I took this out the window or the car.
This is a big rock or boulder we stopped on top of it. That is the road down below we came up.


Dad showing you how high the snow banks were next to the road.

A glazier lake we saw.

We didn't make it to the top. We were with in 200 feet from the top but the road was cleared yet. So we came back the way we went.
Beautiful. Beautiful.




No comments: