Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gardens (pumpkins/zapallo)

I am trying to grow a Zapallo?
A wonderful squash/pumpkin we ate in Chile. I smuggled the seeds home with me. They grew so big: they had to used hack saws to cut you off a piece to buy. That is one thing I miss eating. Grandpa is growing a gaint pumpkin.
His seeds came from brother Allen's 500 pound pumpkin. Good luck grandpa.
My zapallo two weeks earlier. Sorry these pictures should of been first. But you can see how much they have grown the past two weeks.


Grandpa's pumpkin two weeks ago.

I am feeding mine mircle grow all the time. I don't think grandpa is giving his anything else besides water. I think mine will be the biggest. I will keep you posted on the growth.



2 comments:

The Snow Queen said...

Dad told Dave he's going to start giving his beer. I wonder what kind thick ale or will the lite stuff work?

Christina said...

Can't wait to see the pumpkins! How do you cook the zapallo?