Tuesday, June 9, 2009

this and that

Jake got his first hair cut today. It was trimmed around his face and off his legs and feet. Too little to sit still to get the rest trimmed shorter.
Now he can walk in the back yard and not get stickers all over his feet. Empty nesters was here last night. Empty nesters are all the old people in our ward who no longer have their family living with them. We meet once a month at each others home for family home evening. Who ever home it is gets to choose what they do for the evening. lessons, games, dinner or whatever you want to do.

It was our turn Monday night. So we had a Low County Boil. A Paula Dean recipe. This is worth trying. A while back I posted a Low County Boil that I had been too. Like in April.

You need to cook potatoes, sauage, corn and shrimp all in one pot. After it is all cooked you dump the food, in the middle of tables covered with newspaper. Everyone is seated around the tables and you just eats with their hands. We had fun and everybody got full.
No silverware is allowed. You should use your roll for a napkin, but I gave everyone a napkin just in case they needed it.

Then we had some wonderful desserts which were bought by several of the empty nesters.



7 comments:

Brenda said...

How fun to see those familiar faces. I am looking forward to being an empty nester myself. We were for 2 months last year, I imagine it will come again.

Julie said...

Looks like great fun.

Adele Austin said...

Ha! We have an emptynesters home evening group too, but the trouble is that most of no longer have empty nests! Of the 6 couples 4 have grown children back living with them! (Worth it for grandchildren hugging, though!)

Scubadad said...

I had a great time, wish Louise could have been there. Throw in some Mexico clams!

John

Scott said...

I am so proud of you guys. All grown up and throwing your own Low Country Boil party! It looks like it turned out well. Anyway, I can't wait until we have our next one. All I have to say is that I hope it's in Mexico!

Brenda said...

Margene, to find out about my digital program, you can go to my Creative Memories Website - it's listed on the left side of my blog, down near the bottom - it's www.mycmsite.com/brendasommers
you can check out digital stuff on there. The program is $59.95 and you can make all kinds of cute stuff with it and get it printed at costco as whole pages!(for cheap!)

Taylor Swim said...

Nice hair cut Uncle Jake! We love all the doggie pictures. Every kid loves a puppy!