Sunday, December 13, 2009

Homemade candy

Aleca asked Dennis and I what are some of the things we have always wanted to do. As I thought about it, I am doing most of them at the present time. Making lace, making patch work quilts, playing with grand kids, going on a mission as a senior couple (we just came home a year ago) are just some of them. As I thought about this I added one more, making candy at Christmas time, but neither of us should eat it now. Well, Aleca gave me a suggestion, made it and let Dennis give it away. So I started looking for recipes that sounded good. I have started making some them.
The first one I made was marshmallows. What fun I wished I had, had the grand kids helping me the day I was rolling them in colored sugar, sprinkles and any thing else I could find in the cupboard. A must again, and they taste really good. Aren't they pretty and colorful. Easy to make. The second kind I made was Almond Rocha. Dennis has eaten most of it already so I will need to make some more before he makes plates to give it away. real good
Peanut Butter cups. These are very tasty and I will make them again. I am sure Dennis will eat many of them.


This one has a different taste. Buttermilk fudge with pecans. Sorry it is fuzzy. Good but not my favorite.

There are still several recipes waiting to be tried. Fudge, divinity, peanut brittle . But I need to go to the store again. If anyone out there have some good recipes let me know and I will try them. I have had fun and I guess that is what it is all about.




3 comments:

Brenda said...

The easiest candy ever is "peanut clusters". Melt 1 bag butterscotch chips with 1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chips. Stir in a can of spanish peanuts. Spoon out clusters on to waxed paper and chill. Delicious!!!

Margene said...

I will try that today. I will have to buy the spanish peanuts when I go to the store, today. I have butterscotch chips and chocolate chips in the cupboard now. Sounds good I guess I could use any kind of nuts, too. the next party I go too I am going to make your smokie links with bacon and brown sugar.

Taylor Swim said...

Wow! That candy looks great! I'd love to try the marshmallows. Those look extra fun! Good job doing some fun stuff!